Below you will find a sample resume format that you should use as a template for your bartending job search.
It uses a photo and describes in detail what you have learned at the American Bartending School.
Keep your resume short and to the point. It shouldn’t be more than one page. Stress any jobs that you have had in the hospitality industry and dealing with customers.
Students learn how set up a basic bartender resume in preparation for job placement assistance.
Example of a Basic Bartending Job Resume
Phone number (where you can be contacted)
Objective (state which position you’re applying for)
Full time or part time bartender
I am a graduate of American Bartenders School I am seeking a bartending position. I am a motivated, responsible, goal oriented individual with good work record, reliable transportation and customer service skills
I recently completed the 2 week hands on professional bartender training program at the American Bartenders School. I trained behind a real bar and learned how to expertly and quickly prepare over 100 drinks.. Everything was real except the liquor. American Bartenders School is the nation’s oldest bartending school and has trained thousands of bartenders nationwide since 1968.
Areas of bartending proficiency includes:
- How to open and class down a bar
- Bartending equipment and speed techniques
- Hands on training and practice behind a real bar in over 100 of the most popular basic and fancy drinks.
- Knowledge of liquors,beers and wines
- Customer service and suggestive selling techniques
- Sanitation, hygiene and health
- National Restaurant Association Safe Serve Alcohol Awareness Program
- Handling draft and bottled beer
List work experience here. Stress experience working with the public and customer service.
Bartending School Instructor May 2001 to June 2008
American Bartenders School, Palm Desert, Ca.
- Taught all aspects of professional bartending in 2 week training program.
- Provided in depth instruction on customer service and pouring for profits.
- Assisted students in writing resumes
Head Bartender, August 1992 to May 2001
Pinch Penny Pub, Chicago, Il.
- Supervised and scheduled bartenders and servers
- Responsible for inventory, stocking, ordering and sanitation of bar
- Interviewed, hired and trained all new bartenders and servers
References furnished upon request.
Thank you for your consideration